Mid-Career Faculty Workshop
University of Arizona
Call for Participation
Tenured? Wondering about the next steps in your career? At a crossroads in your career? Thinking about seeking an administrative post? or leading a research center or taking on leadership roles in the academic community? Then the AIS Mid-Career Mentoring workshop is for you!
The ideal workshop participant is an academic who is at a mid-point in their academic career and who would appreciate advice and information about different career options after tenure.
The workshop will be held in the morning of Sunday, December 13, 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas from 8 am to Noon.
The workshop will include panel discussions and opportunities for networking. The distinguished panel members include leading IS scholars who have made various career choices post-tenure and who can provide an informed perspective of the advantages and disadvantages of these career options as well as advice for those considering similar choices.
Faculty Participants include:
- Neils Bjorn-Anderson, Copenhagen Business School
- Elena Karahanna, University of Georgia
- Arun Rai, Georgia State University
- Jan Recker, Queensland University of Technology
- James Thong, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Heikki Topi, Bentley University
- Ramesh Venkataraman, Indiana University
- Viswanath Venkatesh, University of Arkansas
- Jan vom Brocke, University of Liechtenstein
The workshop is free to participants, but in order to foster a conducive workshop atmosphere, participants must register, and registration will be limited to 75 people. Refreshments will be provided to attendees.
*** Interested participants should register for the AIS mid-career mentoring workshop during the regular ICIS registration process ***
For more information on this workshop, please contact the 2015 workshop organizers: